Friday, March 12, 2010

Lunch In Paris

I escaped from my shell last night and went to WH Smith for a Reading by Elizabeth Bard.

Her first book "Lunch in Paris" has just been released in the US, UK, Aust and France, and, based on the reading, I'm greatly looking forward to reading it.

The reading was a really interesting conglomeration of english speaking expats, I met a lovely Canadian woman, and sat next to an interesting American, who I can only guess is an author himself.

One of the things that they bought up was the cultural differences between France and America, and it was really interesting to listen to. I'm going to read the book before I review my theories on it, but it was really cool to do something different, and meet all these people who have fallen in love with not only the french people, but the culture and the food!

No comments:

Post a Comment