Thursday, March 25, 2010

Thursday's Slacker Excuse

I know, poor form;

This has been a hectic and silly time to set up a blog, so what are you going to do?

Heading to see Stephan Clarke at WH Smith tonight for the release of his latest: "1000 years of annoying the French" don't you just love the title? hopefully will have something interesting to write about afterwards.

This will be my last foray into the Parisian Literature scene, which has been a lot of fun, and Kudos to WH Smith for being such champs, putting on events and having a great selection of random book-like goodness for me to consume! (now I just need to dispose of them all again...)

which is a point I could get riled up about right now - what to do with all the books? I love my books, and for all my belief in removing clutter and simplfying my life, throwing a book out? giving it away? that I struggle with. Having post-university disposable income means I've moved beyond buying books which I need to buying books I want, and SB can tell you, the house is rapidly filling with ikea bookshelves... If i find a good solution to this (a Perth charity or something) I'll let you know... in the meantime... thank goodness for the Orwellian Kindle, which at least limits the volume and weight...

I will be back on form next week

LB

No comments:

Post a Comment